The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by 'Rxchange Ltd.' and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, given or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of 'Rxchange Ltd.'. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, 'Rxchange Ltd.' takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control. ‘Beyond our control’ includes but is not limited to:
- Force Majeure: No party shall be liable for any failure to perform its obligations where such failure is as a result of Acts of God (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster), war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalization, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labour dispute, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity or telephone service
- Major systems infiltration/significant security risk: (as defined by RxChange Ltd). Because of the nature of the products carried on the system, Rxchange Ltd reserves the right to immediate suspension of the system without prior notice or warning to users.
Terms and conditions of website usage
The term 'Rxchange Ltd.' or 'Rxchange' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Old Kings Arms, Upper Street, Stratford St Mary, Colchester, CO7 6JN. (Company No. 6053474). The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- Sellers should pay particular attention to the invoice/delivery address supplied by the buyer for items to be shipped. Items should be sent ONLY to registered pharmacy or wholesaler premises address. Never send items to a home, private, proxy or PO Box address. In the event of any concerns contact Rxchange for assistance.
- Any 'in date' ethical, OTC, healthcare, shop fitting or ancillary item of stock may be added to the site EXCEPT Controlled Drugs Schedules 1 (CD Lic POM), 2 (CD POM) and 3 (CD No Register POM) of the 'Misuse of Drugs Regulations 2001', where safe custody is a statutory requirement. Schedule 3 (CD No Register POM) controlled drugs may be added where safe custody is NOT a statutory requirement. Subscribers must ensure they are fully aware of the legal requirements and restrictions regarding movement, storage and accounting for Schedules 4 and 5 Controlled Drugs
- The stock must have been stored correctly.
- If medicines that require 'cold storage' are to be traded on the site it is the responsibility of both the buyer and seller to ensure that these 'cold storage' conditions are adhered to throughout transit of the medicines.
- It is the responsibility of the buyer and seller to agree postage costs between them.
Counterfeit stock must NOT be traded on this site under any circumstances. This is an offence. Those suspected of knowingly trading counterfeit stock will face immediate cancellation of their account and may be reported to the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC). It is the sellers responsibility to take all reasonable steps to ensure that counterfeit stock is not listed on this site. It is the buyers responsibility to take all reasonable steps to ensure that purchased stock is not counterfeit. Rxchange Ltd. accepts no responsibility for subscribers listing or purchasing counterfeit stock. Where a subscriber reasonably suspects counterfeit stock is being traded on the site they should notify Rxchange Ltd. at once.*
- Patient returned medication must NOT be traded on this site under any circumstances. This is an offence. Those suspected of knowingly trading patient returned medication stock will face immediate cancellation of their account and may be reported to the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC). It is the sellers responsibility to take all reasonable steps to ensure that patient returned medication stock is not listed on this site. It is the buyers responsibility to take all reasonable steps to ensure that purchased stock is not patient returned medication. Rxchange Ltd. accepts no responsibility for subscribers listing or purchasing patient returned medication stock. Where a subscriber reasonably suspects patient returned medication stock is being traded on the site they should notify Rxchange Ltd. at once.*
- 'Specials', 'Unlicensed’ medicines or 'Named Patient’ medicines may NOT be added to the Rxchange site for resale or supply. (Specials & unlicensed medicines manufacturers and wholesalers should contact Rxchange Ltd. for commercial terms).
- It is the buyers responsibility to ensure they check the price that they are purchasing stock at. Rxchange Ltd. take no responsibility for the price agreed between buyer and seller.
- A list of Controlled Drugs in Schedules 1, 2 and 3, requiring safe custody, of the Misuse of Drugs Regulations 2001 has been incorporated into this website to prevent addition of these drugs for sale. It is not and shall not be considered exhaustive. Users of this site must ensure schedules 1, 2 and 3 Controlled Drugs requiring safe custody are not added for sale.*
- The listing and sale of 'split-pack' stock is not permitted. We reserve the right to remove split-pack items without notice.
- All stock transacted must be in the original packaging with correct batch and expiry information. It is recognised that items such as hosiery may not have an expiry date, but must nevertheless be supplied in original packaging.
- It is the buyers responsibility to ensure that stock received is in an appropriate condition for sale or supply to patients, including correct batch and expiry information.
- It is the buyers responsibility to ensure that all dispensed products will remain in date for the full course of treatment.
- Buyers may only use the Rxchange system to purchase medicine stock in their capacity as a registered pharmacy for sale or supply within their retail pharmacy business (according to Regulation 5 of the Medicines (Sale and Supply)(Miscellaneous Provisions) Regulations 1980). If they also hold a Wholesale Dealer’s Licence then it is the buyers responsibility to ensure that these transactions are clearly delineated from transactions made for the purpose of the wholesale dealing business.*
- For sellers without a Wholesale Dealer's Licence - it is the sellers responsibility to ensure that their wholesale dealing activity constitutes no more than an inconsiderable part of their business and to take advice from MHRA if it is in doubt as to whether a Wholesale Dealer's Licence is required.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Rxchange Ltd.'s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Rxchange business terms
It is not acceptable for more than one store to use a single Rxchange subscription other than by express written agreement with Rxchange Ltd.
Where there is agreement with Rxchange Ltd for stock from multiple locations to be legitimately traded through one central account Rxchange Ltd reserve the right to vary the subscription that is charged (by prior agreement) and to levy a charge by percentage of the transactions for high usage.
Rates for group or multiple businesses are available and interested parties should contact Rxchange directly to discuss these options.
Pharmacies under different ownership may NOT use one 'single' subscription to trade on Rxchange and we would draw subscribers attention to the section entitled 'Wholesale Dealing' in the current RPSGB Medicines, Ethics and Practice. Use of the Rxchange site necessitates declaration including, but not exclusively, that the stock is not patient returned medication, has been stored correctly and in the context of purchase for use within a retail pharmacy business is not for onward sale by wholesale. These declarations form part of the sellers and purchasers individual legal responsibility when using Rxchange and may not be made by a third party on behalf of another business for whom or by whom they do not have legal responsibility for or are employed by.
The Rxchange site is equipped to produce invoices relating to transactions between buyer and seller. These invoices contain details of both parties and as such relate specifically to the subscription holders, it is not intended for third parties by proxy. This is to facilitate audit and legal invoice procedures.
Rxchange reserve the right to terminate any subscription where they suspect use of that subscription is being abused including, but not exclusively, shared use of that subscription.
Upgrading a subscription
You may upgrade from one subscription tariff to another by notifying Rxchange Ltd. We will refund any remaining whole subscription months having deducted the value for the expired full and part months at the current subscription rate. Any one-off registration fees paid are non-refundable. Any one-off registration fees for the new tariff may become payable.
Cancellation of subscriptions
You may cancel your subscription at any time by notifying Rxchange Ltd. If you decide to cancel before the full term of your contract we will calculate any refunds payable to you as follows: We will calculate the number of full and part months that have elapsed between the start of your contract and the notification date of your cancellation. These will be charged as full months at the current ‘Pay As you Go’ rate. If this is less than the subscription paid we will refund the difference. One-off registration fees are non-refundable.
Rxchange Ltd reserve the right to levy an adminstration fee for cancellation of subscriptions or modification of subscription plans. This will be charged at a rate equivalent to the prevailing ‘Pay As You Go’ subscription rate including VAT.
Where Rxchange are requested to make administrative amendments, including but not exclusively to invoices or sales histories, we reserve the right to charge an administration fee to exercise such requests.
'Rxchange Ltd.' is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
'Rxchange Ltd.' may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st January 2007.*
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Product information including price and quantity.
- Current order status information
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
- To ensure you are authorised to deal in Prescription Only Medicines.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To manage the latest order status, the creation of invoices, delivery notes and account balances.
- The Rxchange system includes transaction tracking, but users should also maintain their own records of all transactions and exchanges for the purposes of professional and fiscal compliance
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Because of the nature of the products carried on the system Rxchange Ltd. reserves the right to immediate suspension of the system, without prior notice or warning to users.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.* A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
This website and its content is copyright of 'Rxchange Ltd.' - © Rxchange Ltd. 2005-2023. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.